🔗 Share this article Latest Processing Facility Attack Shows 'No Secure Locations in the Russian Deep Rear' Ukrainian unmanned aerial vehicles have struck the Russian Bashneft refinery in the city of Ufa, positioned approximately 1,400 km from Ukraine, resulting in blasts and a inferno, as reported by a insider in Ukraine's intelligence agency. This marks the third intelligence deep strike in Bashkortostan in the last month. Such operations show that there are no secure zones in the deep rear of the Russian state. Zelenskyy Calls On US President to Broker Truce in the Conflict Volodymyr Zelenskyy urged Donald Trump to facilitate a truce in Ukraine in a call on Saturday. "If a hostilities can be stopped in a single area, then surely other wars can be halted as well, covering the Russian war," the President stated, praising the US President's "remarkable" Gaza peace initiative and urging the US president to pressure the Kremlin into negotiations. Russian Attacks Claim Casualties in Ukraine Strikes by Russia on Ukrainian territory resulted in the deaths of several civilians on the weekend and disrupted electricity to sections of Ukraine's south Odesa region, as stated by authorities in Ukraine. Two people were killed within a religious building in the town when it was hit, according to regional officials. In Russia's border region of the Belgorod region, a lorry operator was killed by a attack from Ukraine, according to regional authorities. Electricity Repair Operations in the Capital Efforts continued on the weekend to restore power in the Ukrainian capital, after assaults. Power had been returned to more than 800,000 residents by Saturday and the largest utility provider stated the primary efforts to restore power was finished though partial blackouts persisted. Anti-Aircraft Operations and UAV Interceptions The Ukrainian anti-aircraft systems intercepted or jammed fifty-four of 78 enemy drones deployed targeting the country during the night, the air force announced on the weekend. Russia's defense officials stated it intercepted 42 drones over the country's airspace. Cuban Government Refutes Accusations of Sending Soldiers to the War Havana on Saturday rejected American claims it has sent soldiers to fight in the Ukraine war, while declaring the government "lack exact data about Cuban nationals" involved "on their own" or "as part of the armed units of the conflicting parties". The foreign ministry in Havana announced 26 Cubans had been sentenced to incarceration from 5 to 14 years for participating as mercenaries since the autumn of 2023 when news circulated of individuals being sent to the battlefield in the conflict. Surrender Initiative Program Reveals Data on Cuban Recruitment The surrender initiative, a state initiative that promotes enemy combatants to lay down arms, reported in May: "We have confirmed the personal data of one thousand and twenty-eight Cuban nationals who entered into agreements with the Moscow's troops in 2023-2024." The Cuban foreign ministry said of those who might be participating: "Undeniably that not a single one has the support, dedication, or approval of the Cuban state for their involvement." Family members of Cuban nationals who left for Russia in the year told Agence France-Presse at the time that their relatives had been deceptively recruited through advertisements on social media.